Oxford School of Dance Provides High Quality Dance Education to Children Ages 2 - Adult
Fall Dance Registration Open Now!
Classes Begin September 14, 2019 and conclude with a final recital in May
Classes begin September 14 and conclude with a final recital on May 25, 2020.
How to register and what you can expect during the year:
• New students and their parents can log on to www.oxfordschoolofdance.com and follow the guided registration process
• They can also register over the phone or in person
• Our team is available for face to face consultations. Call or email to book your appointment
• Dancers will train with a qualified instructor learning dance technique in a team atmosphere
• Oxford School of Dance has three large fully air conditioned studios with viewing windows
- Bring a Friend Week
- Santa Claus Parade Performance
- Observation Week
- Picture Days
- Bring Your Parent to Dance Week
- Retirement Home Performance
- Sharing Dance Performance
- Year End Performance
FEES & DISCOUNTS
Tuition is payable monthly or yearly
- No registration fees
- Costumes are included in tuition
- All pre-registration deposits are non refundable
- Family discount – save $90 off your second child’s tuition
- Referral discount – save $50 when registering a friend
- Multiple class discounts – save additional cost when registering for multiple classes
Dancewear can be purchased at Dancewear Plus in London or Lilybear Dance Boutique in Woodstock
About Oxford School of Dance
Oxford School of Dance represents academic excellence in dance. As a Royal Academy of Dance and Acrobatic Arts accredited dance school, our students learn proper technique from the very beginning. Thoughtful progressions and student examinations allow our dancers to achieve success in their training. Oxford School of Dance has been a home to so many dancers over the past 48 years and continues to be renowned for its strong Ballet and high quality dance instruction.
- Our Facility has three large fully air conditioned studios with parent viewing windows
- Two of our studios have Harlequin sprung floors (same as Canada's National Ballet School)
- A parent waiting area equipped with couches/benches is located on each floor
- Oxford School of Dance is extremely active in our community
- Our highly qualified staff is made up of 9 exceptional teachers and two office staff
- R.A.D. Ballet exams are offered from Pre-Primary - Advanced 2
- Acrobatic Arts exams are offered from Primary – Pre-professional 3
- Fall classes run from September though to the end of May and summer dance sessions run in July and August
- All the classes are high energy and physically engaging!
Why Choose OSD?
Choose a school that can take your child all the way with dance. Oxford School of Dance is a Royal Academy of Dance accredited dance school established in 1971. Professional dance education is provided in a family-friendly environment. Qualified teachers, proper technique, age appropriate placements, and parent support and communication are expectations we provide to each of our dance families. Oxford School of Dance has been inspiring the love of dance for 48 years. Our qualified and experienced teaching faculty are committed to providing high quality dance education. Students are taught proper technique from the very beginning, allowing every child the opportunity to experience success. Our unique program emphasizes the development of technical skills and artistry, as well as performance and professionalism, providing all children with the best possible dance education. Starting at 2 & 3 years of age, our "Music & Movement" Program introduces children to the joy of movement, musicality, and creativity, allowing them to explore dance technique in a fun and safe environment. Oxford School of Dance has been a home to so many dancers over the past 48 years and continues to be renowned for its strong Ballet and high quality dance education. If you have a child who loves to move and dance around your home, we offer the dance instruction you need!
Our exceptional team!
Owner & Instructor:
Ms. Victoria has an associates degree and teaching diploma from the Royal Academy of Dance. She has studied at NBS, RWB, QBS, and SAB. Victoria has attained her Advanced 2 (highest level of Ballet) and studied the Solo Seal Award. She is also a registered and accredited Acrobatic Arts instructor.
Founder & Instructor:
Ms. Coleman founded Oxford School of Dance in 1971. The school has been successfully training dancers for 48 years. Ms.Coleman is also an RAD supervisor who is responsible for the training and certifying of new graduating RAD teachers.
Ms. Connie has been the receptionist at Oxford School of Dance for 4 years. She is wonderfully organized and very approachable. If you have any questions regarding studio activity, Miss Connie is always available.
Ms. Heather (R.M.T., Dip F.H.P.)
Ms. Heather is a former student of Oxford School of Dance. She did her post secondary dance training at York University. Heather has over 30 years of dance training and over 15 years of teaching experience. Heather has attained her Grade 8 and Intermediate R.A.D. exams.
Ms. Kate (RAD RTS)
Ms. Kate has been a student of classical ballet for 20 years. She has studied in advanced R.A.D. levels and has completed her Certificate of Ballet Teaching Studies through the R.A.D.’s Faculty of Education. Kate also has a degree in therapeutic recreation from the University of Waterloo.
Ms. Bailey (Dip Performing Arts, Musical Theatre)
Ms. Bailey has a Performing Arts Diploma from Randolph Academy. After graduating, she performed with the Randolph Theatre, starred in numerous musicals and plays. Bailey is a B.A.T.D. Certified Instructor in Stage, Acrobatics, and Freestyle. She is also a registered and accredited AAC3 (highest level) Acrobatic Arts instructor.
Ms. Brienna (Dip DSW)
Ms. Chelsea has 10 years of experience teaching in various dance styles. She has completed her module 1 International Dance Teaching Standard course. She is also a registered and accredited Acrobatic Arts instructor. Chelsea is a graduate of the Social Work program at Lambton college.
Ms. Emma has spent many years in a dance studio. She trained in Jazz, Lyrical, and Acro, as well as R.A.D. Ballet up to the advanced levels. Emma has a degree in Childhood and Social Institutions from Western University.
Ms. Téa has been training at Oxford School of Dance for 12 years. She has completed all of her R.A.D. Ballet exams from Pre-Primary – Advanced 1 and is currently training at the Advanced 2 level. Téa attended the Quinte Ballet School for two summers, dancing in the professional division.
Ms Angela (RAD RTS)
Ms. Angela is a registered and accredited R.A.D. Ballet educator with 18 years of teaching experience. She has been training and entering students for Royal Academy of Dance Ballet exams from Pre-Primary to the Gr. 8 Award and Vocational levels.
Ms. Rachel has trained and danced in a variety of styles for over 15 years. She performed in musicals and local companies during her education. Rachel moved to Toronto to further her training and graduated from The School of Toronto Dance Theatre in their Professional Training Program.